I host a little Minecraft server of sorts 'cause why not. Here you'll find some various info regarding the server, such as a list of plugins, how to join, and a rudimentary map.
The server runs using Paper, a specialised Minecraft server program which allows server-side plugins to add functionality (and fun!) for the player. No client-side modification required. If you'd like to join, the address is mc.ssterling.net, version 1.14.4 or later. Also, make sure to familiar yourself with the rules before playing (and perhaps the starters guide).
Changes to the server and related infrastructure can be found on the Sterlcraft feed.
Current server status: Online (Refresh)
To break the monotony of a single-focus server, Sterlcraft has a variety of worlds to play in. The Nether and End are standard, but the normal world-types have a plethora of different functions!
- Overworld (
/overworld): Normal world; as expected. Players spawn and do most everything here by default.
- Sandbox (
/sandbox): Redstone, command blocks, the works: this is where you can put all your cool mechanic prorotypes.
- Pixel art (
/pixelart): Flat world, mostly Snowy's art gallery. Go check it out!
- Probably more to come…
If you're curious about all the plugins, type
/plugins in server chat.
- CraftBook: Adds a ton of useful functionality to the server, such as readable bookshelves, functional chairs, elevators and Minecraft messagers. Commands aren't usually used to access the specific features available on the server.
- Essentials: Makes the server more like a typical Spigot server. Nicknames, coloured chat, economy and warps.
- LWC: Prevents prople from breaking into your humble abode, or stealing diamonds from your chests. Refer to the Modern-LWC wiki for more info.
- ChestShops: Sell items easily and reliably to other players on the server. Just place down a chest, put the appropriate sign on it and you're set.
- WorldEdit: Do hefty operations at the press of a button. Supports copy-paste, block fill-in and terrain generation, amongst several other mass commands. Generally restricted to the ~Artist role and above.
- Some other, more technical plugins…
A comprehensive list of what each rank of user can and can't do is available on the Permissions page.
- ~Owner: Seth.
- ~Admin: Has control over most aspects of the server, including whitelisting and settling disputes. Restricted from world creation/deletion and permissions modification.
- ~Staff: Capable of basic world maintenance, dispute resolution and disciplinary action. This role and above isn't given out without discretion.
- ~Artist: Has WorldEdit abilities and access to a few extra cheats which help builders and pixel-artists. Show prowess in building and this role may be given to you.
- Member: Has access to some basic cheats, i.e. Creative mode or a command-based workbench. This role is obtained by playing for a decent amount of time and proving trustworthiness on the server.
- Player: Your average Joe.