To add a little fun (and to prevent certain things from overtaking the Overworld), Sterlcraft has a few extra worlds available to players.
- Overworld (
/overworld): Normal world; as expected. Players spawn and do most everything here by default.
- Sandbox (
/sandbox): Redstone, command blocks, the works: this is where you can put all your cool mechanic prorotypes.
- Pixel art (
/pixelart): Flat world, mostly Snowy’s art gallery. Go check it out!
- Derpcraft (
/derpcraft): A restored backup of Derpcraft—Sterlcraft’s predecessor—as it existed on 25 July 2015. Anyone can look around, but only former players of the world can modify it.
Instead of complicated things like Factions, Towny or Citizens, Sterlcraft provides a decently Vanilla, “old-school” experience, having not much more than a simple economy, homes and chest locks. If you’re curious about all the plugins, type
/plugins in server chat.
- Essentials: Makes the server more like a typical Bukkit/Spigot server. Nicknames, coloured chat, economy and teleportation.
- LWC: Prevents prople from breaking into your humble abode, or stealing diamonds from your chests. Refer to the Modern-LWC wiki for more info.
- ChestShops: Sell items easily and reliably to other players on the server. Just place down a chest, put the appropriate sign on it and you’re set.
- CraftBook: Adds some neat but trivial functionality to the server, such as readable bookshelves, functional chairs, elevators and Minecart messagers.
- WorldEdit: Do hefty operations at the press of a button. Supports copy-paste, block fill-in and terrain generation, amongst several other mass commands. Generally restricted to the ~Artist role and above.
- Some other, more technical plugins…
uglybefore it loaded; what a time.
Though mostly a Survival-oriented server, players can gain access to cheats such as flying or teleportation by becoming a trustworthy regular Member. A comprehensive list of what each rank of user can and can’t do is available on the Permissions page.
- ~Owner: Seth.
- ~Staff: Capable of basic world maintenance, dispute resolution and disciplinary action. This role isn’t given out without discretion; don’t just go asking for it.
- ~Artist: Has WorldEdit abilities and access to a few extra cheats which help builders and pixel-artists. Show prowess in building and this role may be given to you.
- Member: Has access to some basic cheats, i.e. flying or a command-based workbench. This role is obtained by playing for a decent amount of time and proving trustworthiness on the server.
- Newcomer: New players; your average Joe, so-to-speak.